The role of the Audit Committee is to ensure compliance with all relevant statutory regulation and legal obligations by the Grampians Central West WRRG. The committee oversees the development and management of the annual budget of Grampians Central West WRRG and ensures processes, including the risk management framework are effectively operating to support its governance and management. The Audit Committee consists of all current GCW Board members.
Grampians Central West Local Government Forum
Under the requirements of the Environment Protection Act 1970, the Grampians Central West Waste and Resource Recovery region has established a Local Government Forum (‘the Forum’). The Forum is consists of Councillor representatives from each Council with our region.
The role of the Grampians Central West Local Government Forum is to act as a conduit between the Grampians Central West WRRG and the Councils within the region.
The aims of the Forum are to:
- Develop local governments’ capacity to deliver effective, efficient and sustainable waste and resource recovery planning and management across the Grampians Central West Waste and Resource Recovery Region;
- Engage with industry, government and community stakeholders to improve waste and resource recovery management and planning; and
- Assist the Grampians Central West Waste and Resource Recovery Group Board to engage councils across the region in the planning and management of waste.
Technical Advisors Reference Group
The Technical Advisors Reference Group (TARG) is a reference group of the Grampians Central West Local Government Forum. The Technical Officers of each Council within our region, as well as representatives from EPA Victoria and Sustainability Victoria meet on a bi-monthly basis to discuss regional issues in the Waste and Resource Recovery arena.
The TARG provides technical advice to the Forum on matters relevant to the delivery of waste, resource recovery programs and recycling services provided by the councils and alpine resorts within the region.
The TARG has established Working Groups to focus on the following areas:
- Education & Engagement
- Infrastructure (including Landfills)
- Collaborative Procurement
- Waste Streams & Resource Recovery