ResourceSmart Schools Facilitators
x 3 positions
Grampians Central West Waste and Resource Recovery Group (GCWWRRG) is a Victorian Government Statutory Authority. We work with business, industry and local government in regional Victoria on large scale waste management strategies that divert waste from landfill and maximise the sustainable recovery of materials from waste.
ResourceSmart Schools is a program funded through Sustainability Victoria (SV) which encourages and supports schools to embed sustainability in all aspects of their curriculum, across their campuses, and to engage with students and their families as well as the broader community in bringing sustainable practices to life in their own homes.
We have three vacancies for ResourceSmart School Facilitators to provide practical support to schools and their communities to learn to live and work more sustainably.
What you will be doing:
- Engaging with a portfolio of schools both in-person and online
- Assisting your schools to progress through the 5-star ResourceSmart Schools system, including environmental management planning, waste and water audits, biodiversity audits, and collaborating with other schools to promote sustainability throughout the broader community
- Other activities including professional development workshops for teachers, collaboration days for students, social media engagement activities, as well as reporting on progress and activities to your manager and SV.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in teaching, environmental science, Diploma of Community Education or equivalent experience in delivering community development and/or education programs
- An understanding of education for sustainability principles and methods, and their application to education strategies in the School environment.
- An understanding of the need to be sensitive to the political and social contexts of sustainability issues, and a demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills and a willingness to work in the online environment
What we offer:
We care a lot about our employees and acknowledge the contribution each one of them makes to our success. Our organisation provides:
- Professional development opportunities
- flexible family friendly policies
- opportunity for you to have a positive and lasting impact on the environment.
We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal Australians, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job.
Applications can be made by addressing the key selection criteria by no later than midnight Monday 12 October 2020. Applications should be submitted at Careers Vic by clicking ‘apply now’ at the bottom of the page.
Queries regarding the roles can be directed to:
Ms Elanor Mahon
Ph: 0429 327 687