GCWWRRG is proud to sponsor ‘Vogue Gone Rogue’, a competition to find the best use of used agricultural plastic in the creation of a fashion item or accessory. A prize pool of $1500 is up for grabs.
We want to raise awareness of the problem of agricultural plastic waste and use the skills of the local fashion industry and general public to develop ideas for the re-use of agricultural plastic waste. This year, we are concentrating on a type of thick, flexible sheet plastic used to store wheat known as grain bags. If you like style AND sustainability, high fashion AND recycling, then we want you to enter. Find out more, below…
VOGUE GONE ROGUE
Vogue Gone rouge hopes to raise awareness of plastic waste in agriculture, using an unlikely ally: the world of fashion. We’re hoping you can come up with innovative solutions to the problem of agricultural plastic waste, by using it to create something wearable and fabulous, be it clothing, shoes, bags, accessories – whatever takes your fancy.
The entries will be judged on the basis of style, and the extent to which the idea can be ‘scaled up’ to potentially create a commercial “pull” for the material.
The competition will be judged by a panel that reflect the stages in the life cycle of agricultural plastics, from farm to catwalk. Judges will be drawn from the fashion industry, the farming community, GCWWRRG, and the plastics industry.
Usable quantities of plastic are currently available from GCWWRRG by appointment on 0427844519. Material will also be progressively made available at select promotional venues in line with COVID 19 restrictions.
Entries are open to all Victorian residents and should be submitted to GCWWRRG by email to email@example.com by C.O.B. Wednesday the 11th of November 2020. Use the entry form to provide a brief biography and statement about the work and include up to five high resolution images in JPG, PDF or PNG format. Entrants will be invited to display their entries at a Ballarat CBD location prior to the announcement of the winners, as part of ethical fashion week.
Entrants are responsible for supplying whatever materials and equipment required for display. Entrants may submit as many items as they wish, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form. First Prize is $750, Second prize $500 and third Prize $250.
VOGUE GONE ROGUE
Terms & Conditions
- Applicants confirm that they are residents of Victoria and are aged 15 years old or above at the time of application.
- The competition will run from The first of April 2020 until Wednesday the 11th of November 2020.
- Entry to the competition is unrestricted – contestants may enter multiple times, providing each entry is done so separately.
- Each entrant must complete and submit a separate entry form for each entry
- Only original works may be submitted.
- All entrants must agree to the rules of the competition and these terms and conditions.
- Entries containing any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content will not be accepted.
- Entries containing any material that could constitute or encourage conduct, which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law will not be accepted.
- Entries which infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or which violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity will not be accepted.
- Winners will be contacted via email, and names will be displayed on our website.
- Winners will be announced and notified by the 20th of November 2020. Award distribution will be at the sole discretion of the judging panels.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of individuals selected by GCWWRRG. The panel will be comprised of fashion industry professionals, plastic reprocessing representatives, Farmers, and representatives from GCWWRRG.
- The winning entries will be chosen according to the form / functional aspects of the entries, with reference to innovation, aesthetic qualities, and realization techniques.
- The panel’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- The panel will nominate the winner of the Main prize ($750) second prize ($500) and third prize ($250)
- By submitting an entry for the competition, each entrant acknowledges that the Copyright remains that of the entrant. You hereby grant GCWWRRG a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each entry throughout the world in perpetuity in all media for any use directly or indirectly connected with the Competition but solely connected to the event, including, but not limited to:
(a) Judging the Competition
(b) displaying the winning entries and runners up at public exhibitions
(c) inclusion within the GCWWRRG Website and publications
(d) inclusion within any materials promoting of the Competition and / or any exhibition organised by GCWWRRG
(e) sub-licensing the Entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Competition and any exhibition
- The winner’s announcement is circulated to all competition entrants, in addition to media outlets, and mailing lists.
- At the discretion of the judges, honourable mentions may also be named for individual categories
- Winner certificates and prizes will be distributed by arrangement with the entrant.