What waste and resource recovery topics and challenges are important to Moorabool?
- Future disposal of materials within the municipality with new or expanding facilities;
- Impact of C&I and C&D waste at existing facilities;
- Road infrastructure around waste and resource recovery facilities;
- Problem materials streams such as tyres and mattresses; and
- Illegal dumping.
What are the key existing facilities in this municipality?
- Maddingley Brown Coal and Calleja Organics
- Three (3) Council Transfer Stations
What facilities are expected to change within the next ten years in this municipality? (This may include new, or expanded facilities, or facilities to be closed).
- Expansion of organics processing and C&D waste processing at Calleja as well as cell capping and development at Maddingley Brown Coal.
- Development of Pinegro Composting facility at Mt Wallace.
- Continual Improvement of Council Transfer Stations.
What are the key Regional Implementation Plan Priority Actions for this Municipality?
1. Assess and, where viable, support the development of solutions and systems to increase the recover of priority materials.
2. Facilitate the development of regional partnerships to enable efficiencies in resource recovery, materials transport and disposal.
4. Work with Councils and Industry to upgrade (and rationalise) infrastructure, improve operations and engage communities.
6. Work with Councils and relevant state planning authorities to site new infrastructure appropriately and protect existing facilities and hubs from encroachment.
This information has been collated by Grampians Central West WRRG. It in no way reflects any policy, intent, or proposal of the Moorabool Shire Council or Staff.
Information collated in July 2016.