This Privacy Statement may change from time to time and changes will take effect from the date of posting on our website.
The Group’s statutory objective is to facilitate and promote environmental sustainability in the use of resources. Established under the Sustainability Victoria Act 2005, we are a statutory authority with obligations under the Environment Protection Act 1970 for regional waste management strategy and planning.
The Group is managed by a Board of Directors. The Minister for Environment and Climate Change has responsibility for the appointment of four (4) Directors from nominations received through public advertising. A further 4 Directors are appointed from Local Government Councillors within the Grampians Central West region. The Minister also appoints the Chair of the Board, taken from the pool of local government councillors who are appointed as Directors.
Your Personal Information
Personal information is information about you, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which your identity could reasonably be ascertained. The types of personal information we may collect includes name, gender, address, telephone numbers, email contact details, occupational details, certain details about your personal interests, images of you, and other information relevant to the business activities undertaken by the Group from time to time.
Where the Group requests that you provide your personal information and you elect not to provide it, the Group may not be able to provide you with some or all of its services.
Collection of Personal Information
The Group collects personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- communications between you and us, including via email, telephone or in writing (for example, surveys, feedback forms, registration for events, competitions and promotions, online inquiries);
- your participation in discussions, forums and interviews with the Group (including, for example, by filming or recording you) and promotions or competitions organised by us;
- when you use any services provided by (or on behalf of) the Group;
- when you access the Group’s website; and
- from publicly available sources of information.
Information is collected, wherever possible, from you directly. The Group will collect your personal information lawfully, fairly and without undue intrusion. At the time your personal information is collected, the Group will take reasonable steps to advise you whether there are any consequences of not providing that information. The Group will not collect sensitive personal Information about you (for example, information about your racial or ethnic origin) unless the Group first obtains your consent.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The personal information you provide to the Group gives valuable insights into the views of Victorians on sustainability issues. This information can, in turn, help the Group to achieve its goals of finding and communicating new and effective ways for Victorians to live and work sustainably. To do this, the Group may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including the delivery of services to you and the conduct of research and analysis. The Group may also send you information and updates about our initiatives, events and services and provide you with information, news and updates relating to sustainability and leading a sustainable lifestyle. If you do not wish to receive these updates or information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Group also uses personal information for the purpose(s) that are communicated to you at the time of collection (or a related purpose that you would reasonably expect).
The Group may disclose your personal information to third parties, such as:
- web monitoring service providers;
- other government and regulatory authorities and other organisations:
- as required or authorised by law;
- as is reasonably necessary for the assistance for law enforcement and the protection of public revenue; or
- for application interoperability purposes (including to reduce the need for you to re-enter your personal information into building and planning compliance applications operated by or on behalf of those authorities or organisations);
- its professional advisors (such as auditors);
- organisations that assist the Group to conduct research or analyse data; and
- other organisations that assist the Group to provide services to you from time to time (including hosting and software providers).
We take reasonable steps to ensure these third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.